Terms and Conditions for entering the ‘Win a Digital Boost Bundle from Yellow’ online competition
By submitting a digital entry and entering the ‘Win a Digital Boost Bundle from Yellow’ online competition, you agree to the following terms and conditions:
- Competition description
Small Business First is the promoter of the ‘Win a Digital Boost Bundle from Yellow’ online competition. The competition invites small business owners to submit a digital entry via the form on the page here answering the question: ‘What’s your number 1 tactic for for getting new customers in this crazy 2020?’.
- Eligibility criteria for participation
- Entrants must be Australian small business owners or employees and should be able to provide an Australian Business Number (ABN) to be eligible for the prize
- Entrants will have to become members of the Small Business First online community via the website: smallbusinessfirst.com.au
- Entrants must submit their entry online through form on this page here
- Small Business First reserves the right to request supporting documentation as evidence that entrants own or manage a small business
- Small Business First reserves the right to cancel the prize or select another winner if the initial successful winner does not meet the eligibility criteria for participation or alternatively, cancel the competition
‘Win a Digital Boost Bundle from Yellow’ is an online competition. To enter the promotion, entrants must, within the Promotional Period, view the Small Business First offer page about the ‘Win a Digital Boost Bundle from Yellow’ competition and then:
- Become a member of the Small Business First online community via the Promoter’s website: smallbusinessfirst.com.au
- Answer the question: What’s your number 1 tactic for for getting new customers in this crazy 2020?
Small Business First is not responsible for any electronic transmission errors resulting in the omission, interruption, deletion, defect or delay in operations or transmission.
Only digital submissions of 200 words or less will be accepted
- Promotional period
Start date: 09/06/20 at 12:00 pm AEST
End date: 31/07/20 at 11:59 pm AEST
Online entries must be received by 11:59 pm (AEST) on 31 July 2020.
No late entries will be considered and/or accepted. Entries are deemed to be received at the time of receipt by the Promoter and not at the time of transmission or deposit by the entrant. Records of the Promoter and its agencies are final and conclusive as to the time of receipt.
All text in the submission must be in English.
- Validity of entries
Entries must be original responses by the entrants. All valid entries might be published on Small Business First’s website, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram channels.
All entries will be judged by a panel from Small Business First.
Valid entries must:
- contain no material that could in any circumstances be considered a breach of any form of small business laws
- be legible and understandable
- demonstrate that the participants are serious and have made an effort
- be politically correct and not insulting to any group or race, and
- fulfil all of the requirements contained in this document
- Rights and permissions
Entrants must hold all the necessary rights and permissions relating to the content submitted in this competition and guarantee that there is nothing to prevent their participation in ‘Win a Digital Boost Bundle from Yellow’ online competition and the use of their entries by the Promoter in accordance with the provisions of these terms and conditions.
Entrants must declare that their entries do not violate any law and that their entry can therefore be freely distributed by the Promoter in relation to the ‘Win a Digital Boost Bundle from Yellow’ competition.
Entrants must declare that they are in possession of all the necessary approvals for any person involved directly or indirectly in the production of competition entries.
The Promoter will not be held responsible for any failure on part of the entrant to comply with this clause.
- Intellectual property
Entrants grant Small Business First an unrestricted, royalty-free, worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive licence to use, modify and or adapt the response submitted in the entry, and the entry itself for any communication campaigns Small Business First deems appropriate, which may include media, case studies, social media, feature articles and other forms.
Small Business First will credit entrants wherever their entry is used.
A copy of the entries will become part of Small Business First’s archive.
- Change to, or cancellation of, the competition
In the event of force majeure or if circumstances so dictate, Small Business First reserves the right to suspend, postpone or cancel the competition at any time and without prior notice; in this event, entrants will not be entitled to claim compensation in any form.
- Acceptance of the rules
Participating in ‘Win a Digital Boost Bundle from Yellow’ online competition implies full acceptance and observance of its rules outlined in these terms and conditions and any amendments and addenda to these terms and conditions that are notified at www.smallbusinessfirst.com.au
- Evaluation and selection of winner
The winners of the competition will be judged by a selected panel involving Small Business First staff, coordinated by the Small Business First team.
The winners will be announced on Monday 03 August 2020.
The judging panel will decide the winners based on the evaluation criteria below. The judges will review each submission as they deem appropriate.
The decision of the judges is final.
The evaluation criteria are as follows:
- relevance of the subject
- creativity and presentation approach
- The judges panel
The judges panel will select 16 winning entries based on the above criteria.
The winners of the 16 winning entries will each get a Digital Boost Bundle comprised of:
- 1 Yellow Online Platinum listing that includes: A fully managed, premium service, image and video gallery, online bookings and request, e-commerce, downloadable content, customer ratings, online bookings and requests.
- 1 Pocket Office Professional – A complete customer relationship management (CRM) tool for small business – manage your bookings, generate invoices, schedule appointments and send email marketing, all from the one place.
- 1 White Pages Connect – Quickly and easily update your business details across the major search engines, social media sites, apps and maps with White Pages Connect.
The Prizes are subject to the Sensis Customer Terms which are available at www.sensis.com.au/terms
- Each bundle is valued at $4,421.90 based on Sensis’ standard price for each product as at the start date of this competition. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the value of the prizes after that date.
- Alternatively, a Winner can create their own digital bundle of Yellow Online, Pocket Office and/or White Pages Connect products (at different tiers) up to the prize value of $4,421.90.
- The Prizes will be supplied for 12 months and will then be cancelled by Sensis unless the Winner contacts Sensis to continue with a paid subscription
Terms and conditions for claiming the prize:
- The offer will expire after 12 months and it will be cancelled unless the customer contact Sensis to continue as a paid subscription
- The total value of the giveaway can be used towards just 1 of the 3 products as long as it does not exceeds the total value
- The total value of the giveaway is based off retail price of each product
- This offer cannot be used with other Sensis’s offers or deals.
- Prize must be claimed within 4 weeks of winning
The winner will be announced on Small Business First’s website, Facebook and Instagram channels on Monday 03 August 2020.
No further compensation will be paid in connection with the use of entries. Prizes are not transferable. There will be no prize substitutions other than those provided for in these terms and conditions. There will be no cash redemption.
Prizes will be awarded to the person named in the entry and any entry that is made on behalf of an entrant or by a third party will be invalid.
If, for any reason, prizes cannot be awarded as stated in these terms and conditions, Small Business First reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or lesser value.
- Notification of winner
The winner will receive an electronic message with the results of the competition.
The winner will also be announced on the Small Business First website, Facebook and Twitter channels.
The decision of the judges’ panel is final. No further correspondence will be entered into with entrants.
- Personal information
Small Business First collects personal information (personal and business name, email address, Facebook page url and/or Twitter handle, Instagram profile and phone number) only as part of the entry in order to conduct the competition.
By submitting an entry, entrants agree that Small Business First may, for an indefinite period, unless otherwise advised, use the personal information collected from the entry for promotional, marketing and publicity purposes for the competition, for internet posts and/or for future communication activities by Small Business First.
Small Business First will not disclose your personal information outside Small Business First unless it relates to law enforcement activities, an exception under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) applies, or it is required or authorised by another Australian law.
- Waiver of confidentiality and consent to public disclosure
‘Win a Digital Boost Bundle from Yellow’ online competition is a matter of public record. If any entrant submits any confidential business information or personal information pertaining to themselves or their company, that person thereby waives any claims to confidentiality and thereby consents to public disclosure by Small Business First of their personal and business information, including posting on the Internet, of all such information they submit and its use for future communication activities. Small Business First accepts no responsibility for the disclosure of confidential information made in these terms and conditions.
- Facebook promotions
Entry and continued participation in the ‘Win a Digital Boost Bundle from Yellow’ competition is dependent on Eligible Entrants following and acting in accordance with the Facebook Statement of Rights and Responsibilities, which can be viewed at www.facebook.com/terms.php. This competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. Eligible Entrants understand that they are providing their information to the Promoter and not to Facebook. The information an Eligible Entrant provides will only be used for the purposes outlined in these Terms and Conditions. Any questions, comments or complaints about this Promotion must be directed to the Promoter and not to Facebook.
By participating in ‘Win a Digital Boost Bundle from Yellow’ online competition, you declare that you have read and accepted the ‘Entrant Declaration’ below in its entirety:
I declare I have read and accepted the terms and conditions of participation as outlined in these terms and conditions in ‘Win a Digital Boost Bundle from Yellow’ online competition and have all the necessary permissions and rights for the submission of the information contained in my competition entry. I waive any claims to confidentiality and I consent to public disclosure by Small Business First of all such information including my personal information, which may be posted on the Internet and/or used for future communication activities by Small Business First.
I understand that information, once posted online may be accessed worldwide and Small Business First will not be responsible for any subsequent use or disclosure of that information.
I further agree to indemnify and hold Small Business First, its officers, employees and agents harmless from any and all claims, liability, loss and loss of benefits, costs and expenses, willful negligence, misconduct, acts or omissions, actions, causes of action, debts, claims and demands of any kind and nature whatsoever that I currently have or that may arise out of, or in connection with, or indirect or consequential with, my participation in the ‘Win a Digital Boost Bundle from Yellow’ online competition. This indemnity will survive the term of the competition and will remain in perpetuity.
I agree that Sensis Pty Ltd will not be liable for any loss or damage which is suffered arising directly or indirectly from this competition or in connection with any prize/s except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law.
I grant Small Business First a licence in accordance with clause 9 of these terms and conditions to use, modify and/or adapt the idea submitted in the entry, and the entry itself.
My participation in the competition will not violate or breach any applicable laws.